Culture & people - essential for any real company transformation

 Good afternoon all You readers of my posts and followers of my blog. Some of You already became concerned, whether I had disappeared here and abandoned my blog. Don´t worry - I just took the freedom to have a break of almost 2 weeks since I wrote my last post here. This was due to my extremely busy professional activities during this period and because of the fact, that I needed some "time out" for having fun with my familly and friends. 

As I told You in one of my first posts, the idea and decision to get started as blogger was a totally spontaneous one and when I wrote my first blog on June 18, I really did not have the least clue, how this - and if this -  would continue on the mid to long term. Initially I wrote daily posts. To be true, I kept doing this proudly until August 20, means during an uninterrupted period of 64 days. Not so bad, I think. 

But then came the moment where I became a little tired of writing daily posts and took the decision, to relax and to just write new posts, whenever I wanted to do it and when the circumstances of my professional & private life allowed me. And that`s exactly how I`m doing it since then. It was a very good decision and it allows me, to easen my daily agenda and reduce stress. 

You see - my way to approach new things is very much "learning by doing" and "trial & error" oriented. I love this style and it fully allows me to keep own total control of how it happens and - in the most cases - of what comes out finally.

Today I have been at our company & factory in Itatiba, Sao Paulo, once again for a couple of hours. Actually my colleagues Elisangela (Marketing & Sales Director of our Vulkan Couplings division), Marco (HR & Special Projects Director), Josias (Development & Engineering Director) and I had agended an online shooting session for our joint presentation movie for the upcoming (October 20 & 21, 2020) spectacular annual "12th Brazilian-German Engineering Day" organised by the VDI Brasil (https://www.vdibrasil.com/ ). The VDI (https://www.vdi.de/) is the meanwhile 160 years old German Engineers Association which actually has more than 145.000 members. Sao Paulo is one of the few places outside Germany, where a local branch of the VDI exists and organises events and activities for its members and the interested public, means companies and individuals. 


As You can see on the picture above, Elisangela, Marco, Josias and I had a lot of fun together this morning together (online) with the VDI Brasil team in Sao Paulo during the shooting session for our presentation movie. 

Since several years - and within the close colaboration and cooperation of our company with the VDI Brasil - Vulkan do Brasil sponsors this very exciting and highest content quality event and participates actively with presentations, booths, speaches etc. This year - as the event will happen 100% virtually online - we will participate with 2 presentation movies. 

The movie which we produced together with the fantastic VDI Brasil team today actually is a presentation with 4 different interview parts. And for sure Elisangela, Marco, Josias and I are the actors. During this presentation we will share some of our experiences which we altogether have made during the last 6 years during the complete transformation process of our company and our factory in Itatiba, Sao Paulo. 

I won`t tell You too many secrets about this movie now. Better to keep this undisclosed until the event itself so that You - if You were interested - can watch and enjoy it there and then. But the key message derived from all our learnings during the 6 years long transformation process of our company Vulkan do Brasil sounds: If You really want to deeply transform Your company into a modern, agile, highly efficient, democratic, creative, flexible one - cultural change and the right people on all hierarchical levels and in all functional areas are essential for Your success. 

We will explain this more deeply during the presentation of our movie on ocasion of the "12th Brazilian-German Engineering Day" at Sao Paulo, Brazil, on October 20 & 21, 2020.

No other song would fit so beautifully to the message and subject of this post as "One love" from Bob Marley in this special version in support of UNICEF:

https://youtu.be/wXLumLvHWfA

Was this interesting for You? If yes - please let me know. And if not - please feel free to give me Your comments upon this post as well. I highly appreciate the open and active dialogue with the readers and followers of my posts and blog.

I wish You a great time and lots of further fun and success with all Your professional and private projects and activities until we meet again here in my blog upon publication of my next post, which I did not schedule concretely yet. 



Comments

  1. I totally agree Klaus, People and Culture are the center of a good strategy, when they are strong the company succeed. Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back again !

What`s behind my decision and reason to reactivate my blog?

Moving is living - one more step ahead towards our digital transformation