Back again !

Hi highly appreciated readers of my blog,

are there still any of You out there?

After the incredible time of 16 months, which has passed since the publication of my latest post here in this blog, to be exact, published during monday, december 5, 2022, I would like to resume this activity now and finally get back to all of You from today on. 

But not only plenty of time has passed since december 5, 2022. 

Lots of things have happened and changed since then - for all of us. 

The whole world has become much more "vuca". To see a nice, short explanation for this term, which was more widely used years ago, but which - for my concern - continues very instructive, please look up this publicly available explanation: https://hbr.org/2014/01/what-vuca-really-means-for-you.

In my own personal case, 2023 has become a somehow decisive year, full of new, partially expected & partially unexpected, challenges, experiences, surprises and learnings - as well speaking about my professional as well as about my private live. 

For good reasons, I will not go into very details with respect to all this right now, but only in the near future.

Maybe this increases Your interest to return and adhere to my blog ?!!!!!!

Jobwise, during the first half of 2023, I have managed successfully, to retake my business development activities in subSahara Africa, with personal participation in several industry (mainly mining related) exhibitions, meetings with already existing and potential new business partners and - last not least! - visits to customers - at such different places as Tanzania, Ghana, DR Congo and South Africa. 

I`ll definitely share some more detailed impressions and experiences from these travels and activities in my future posts here.

During the 2nd half of 2023, I have changed completely the focuss of my business activities and I gave full priority and attention once again to our business partners and customers in Latin America. 

Means during the months september - november 2023 I have visited our main sales & distribution partners and several key customers in Chile, Peru, Colombia and in Mexico - practically for the first time again since the outbreak of the, until then unimaginable, Covid-crisis.

By the way, Covid had paralysed me practically completely during the 2 years 2020 and 2021 and kept me - I imagine the same as the most of You - from undertaking any international travels until the beginning of the 2nd quarter of 2022.

My last year`s activities in Latin America were highly productive and I could collect lots of exciting impressions, experiences and learnings - especially during my stay at Acapulco, Mexico, - some of which I also pretend to share here with You during future posts.

I hope, this has made You curious enough, to follow my revived blog again and I am really looking forward to Your feedback, comments and questions. 

As an expression of my positive mood and feelings, nothing better than to close my first new post with my favorite song of good old Sam Cook in a nice history pictures movie version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4GLAKEjU4w

1000 tks for Your (hopefully) interested attention today and goodby until my next post, whenever I take the freedom and decision to publish it.


Comments

  1. Good to see you´re back my dear friend Klaus, looking forward to see your new posts and histories from now on. I always learn a lot from you. Regards, Robson

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1000 thanks, for Your really highly appreciated support, my friend Robson. Hope to meet with You soon again.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here we go again... some of the stories I know... Good one and terrible ones.... looking forward Brother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's me Michael.....

      Delete
    2. Hi Michael, great to hear here from You. I know the most terrible story for You was when I mentionned that I quit drinking. (:- Take care. Wish You a safe and successful travel to bloody Germany.

      Delete
  4. Hello Klaus,
    Your recount of the challenges and triumphs of 2023, both professionally and personally, is truly inspiring. Your dedication to business development in sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America despite the challenges of the Covid crisis showcases your resilience and commitment. I look forward to reading more about your experiences and insights in your future posts. Thank you for sharing your journey and favorite song - it adds a personal touch to your blog. Wishing you continued success and looking forward to your next post.
    Hope to meet you soon in Holland, regards Ron Arendse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much, my great friend and inspirer Ron, for the very nice supportive and motivating compliments. You may freely look up here all my earlier posts, written since the beginning of my blog, as per Your own interest. The one or other might be interesting for You.

      Delete
  5. The year 2023 marks a significant milestone following the challenging period of the COVID, as we embark on a new journey towards renewal and growth. It is my fervent hope that we will regain our footing and emerge stronger than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Jianwei. Nothi g to add.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What`s behind my decision and reason to reactivate my blog?

Moving is living - one more step ahead towards our digital transformation