Thanks to our neighbor`s new neighbors I just almost suffered a heart attack

Hi alltogether, here I am again, but I have just almost died from a heart attack. My lovely wife saved me in the last minute. How did this come? 

Well, having woken up and taken a shower, I went down into our kitchen to prepare my (do You remember this from my post number 1? if no, please read it once more) beloved indian chai tea. 

Standing in front of the kitchen window front, I let my eyes slide over our garden towards the house and garden of our neighbors and good friends Marcelo, Thais and their 4 years old lovely daughter Isadora, towards the horizon. 

But everything was different than the last time, when I watched knowingly this scenary. Over our neighbors wall, where I normally could see beautiful trees and the mostly blue sky and birds, now there was a grey, ugly 4 meters high prison like wall, just missing the usual barbed wire and machine gun towers on top of such installations. 

Oh shit - my initial thought was, that this could only signify, that Mr T..... or - even worse for us here - Mr B. .... (I am fully aware, that this writing costs me 5 or 6 followers now, but I can live with that) - and their clans have occupied overnight the so far unused property, where the beautiful trees were standing, with the birds flying around them, below the blue sky, erected that ugly and stupid high wall and are constructing now their new palace residence there. 

Can You imagine, how this hurt and struck me? If no, just have a look at the picture, which I took just now. OK - the ugly wall continues ugly the same, but my wife at least confirmed to me, that it`s not Mr T..... or Mr B...... and their clans, but just new neighbors, which are in the widespread brazilian egoistic and ignorant behaviour setting up their house, without spending a single minute with thoughts, what they might cause negatively for the other people living all around them. 

Ok - I reported this desaster to You. Done. Gone. From now on I look only in the contrary direction of our garden, where the world continues the same beautiful as before. Maybe I will be able to see and hear there from tomorrow on a double number of birds than so far. Could be getting a little tight now for the native residents on the trees there. But You can´t make all problems of the world Yours, would You agree? 

This is an excelent introduction for what I wanted to comment to You today. And this determines immediately the music piece, which I will recommend to You today. But this will come in a few minutes towards the end of this post. 

The same as in my private live, where I have developped own habits with regards to the appreciation and active search of certain kinds of people and on the other hand the complete lack of interest and avoidance of contact as far as possible with certain others, I have a clear definition, of with whom I like and prefer to deal with with regards to private and businesss purposes and with whom not. Let me give an example. 

Due to our huge (more than 2000) product portfolio for any kind of industrial mechanical power transmission applications in all types of industries, You can easily imagine, that we find ourselfes within a frequently and regionally changing competitor field face to our customers. And this is good for all involved. 

Competition is highly important for growth and progress. But what we always find is, that there are certain categories of competitors. I personally highly esteem and respect our strong, often international, honest, highly professional competitors. 

These are people and companies which, with the same right and reasoning as ourselfes, are in fair manners competing for our customer`s orders. We here in Brazil, due to our decades long important role as one of the market and technology dominators, know all these, as I call them "friendly competitors" and they know us and we meet very often as exposition booth neighbors at the important industrial fairs and as participants in other public events and we have a totally clean and relaxed relationship with them. 

For sure, there is no uncompliant or even illegal negotiation and/or shared market strategy agreement. We are in general not open at all to any violation of our corporate and any public laws, whereever we do business in the world. 

This is a fundamental element of the Vulkan Group`s DNA and absolutely holy for all of us as worldwide acting Vulkan employees. But as I mentioned already , besides these "friendly competitors" we always and everywhere find ourselfes confronted with other breed. 

I personally really detest people and companies, who are knowingly and intentionally lying, stealing, copying, disrespesting intellectual properties, betraying, violating public and ethical laws and thus trying to gain advantages during competition. No mercy with these comrades. 

In many cases we have seen and celebrated, that such bad companies have been blocked for future business by several of our customers because of uncompliant and dishonest behaviour. I personally am strongly convinced, that such companies and people on the mid to long run can`t be successful and must fall. 

But what we also sometimes see is, that such economically broken companies, which - totally different to companies like ours - publicly known and well documented, didn`t pay taxes or labor contributions etc. over years and years, don´t get closed down and removed from the market. 

Here in this country this is one of the deplorable grievances, which we as serious and law & rules respecting enterprises complain about permanently. 

In one of my future posts I will give You some insights about my active participation in the german and several important local national (in the different countries, where we are doing business) business associations and how we regard and treat such very important subjects and situations there independently of single company and people interests. 

Now`s the time to give You my today`s music recommendation. Once more a famous Rolling Stones title: "Get off of my cloud". (Here`s a nice, very early video recording:https://youtu.be/lIpvUJ5VAaw ) Please scroll up again and read one more time my report about "the wall" behind our (friendly) neighbors garden. 

Perfect song, isn`t it?! I keep today`s post a little shorter than normally, because I`m very clear about the fact, that monday is always a much longer work day for You than during the rest of the week. 

Wish You lots of productive action and success for this new business battle day. Set Your targets for this week and fight them through. 

One of my management team members and meanwhile good friend years ago gave me as a present, which he bought specially for me in a tourist souvenir shop in Heidelberg, by the way one of the most beautiful, romantic german cities, a steel plate in the shape and decorated as one of the old blue and white typical german road name plates with the inscription "Alles ist möglich" - "Everything is possible". 

He had no doubt, that I would immediately love and from then on expose this at a preferential pace on the wall of my office at Vulkan do Brasil factory in Itatiba, Sao Paulo. So, come on. "Alles ist möglich"!

Let`s get our job for this week done - but not without having fun and pride !!!!!!!! See You tomorrow. May I count on this and You ???????


Comments

  1. Good morning my dear Bro!!!
    I almost got a heart attack when I read your blog about your health.....
    That's really a pity...
    I also love our nature..... I live like in the forest.... Sitting outside and listen and seeing is a great way to relax....
    Weeks are full of activities and that motivates us.....
    Have a good start!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Michael. This is one of the few positive by-effects of this damned Covid-19 crisis. Due to our home office, many of us use the opportunity, to stay much more time than during our previous "normal" office routine outside the house in the garden, terraçe or on the balcony of apartments. This gives us the so far practically unexperienced well-beiing under a (hopefully) blue sky and in the fresh air, instead of beeing locked all day inside of our company buildings. Wish You and Your whole Continental Automotive do Brazil in Varzea Paulista a great and highly successful day and start in the new week. Take care.

      Delete
    2. I am happy to go to the plant today.... Need a GEMBA.... Real one with our eyes.... 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back again !

What`s behind my decision and reason to reactivate my blog?

Moving is living - one more step ahead towards our digital transformation